Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Hey team! Holy cow this week has been incredible! Alturas, California
has a few downsides being as far south as mission boundaries go and
having to drive 1 hour and 45 minutes to get to zone conference
yesterday in Klamath Falls, Oregon. We also cover a branch down in
Cedarville that dips into part of Nevada. I am as far from the mission
home as possible in this mission. We are pretty isolated and cold but
I have loved it here! We had zone conference yesterday so today is P
day which is always weird having p day on any other day than monday.

Elder Willits is my companion and he is such a delight. He is always
super encouraging and loving as well as obedient and hard working. He
is super service oriented. Like today I was cleaning my desk and when
I got done I went to fold my laundry and found Elder Willits already
folding it for me. I took over and thanked him only to find that when
i got done he had made me a breakfast burrito. He is a way nice guy.

Holy cow we had some great miracles. We teach a lot of lessons for
such a small town. We are teaching a guy named Mark who has been
meeting with missionaries on and off for years and never made any
progress but since Elder Willits and his last companion followed the
spirit they have been able to put him on date for baptism and he is
making tremendous growth! We also tract a ton which has never been my
favorite thing to do but we have seen a lot of success from it this
week. We were tracting my first night here and we found a gal named
Laura who was super interested and had lived in Utah for a little
while. We also tracted into a member who said that he was "taking a
break from the church" but he told us his daughter saw us the other
day and she asked why he never has the missionaries come over. She is
10 and not baptized and they both came to church this week. Those are
just a couple of the cool things that have happened.

Zone Conference was awesome yesterday. We had a super spiritual
meeting with a ton of awesome insights. I have been loving the
Christmas season. Sharing #LIGHTtheWORLD has been so awesome. A ton of
people love watching it and we can just whip out our iPads and show it
at every door. I have been studying the life of Jesus Christ a ton and
have developed a greater love for him. I love my Savior and all that
He does for me. I know He is the Messiah and it has blessed me
tremendously to have his atonement in my life. Many times these past
few months when things get hard I can just feel His spirit all around
me filling me with peace and comfort that all will work out. I'm
coming up on 16 months in the mission field. I feel like I just
started this journey and there is still so much I don't know. But i
hope to always recognize Christ's love in my life and can come closer
to him everyday through my life.

Have a great week! I can't wait to talk to my family this Sunday!!!!!!
It will be so very special! I sure miss them but I know they are taken
care of.



~Elder S. Jackson Martin



No comments:

Post a Comment