Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Well everybody it's been a pretty good week! We've had some great
lessons! Oh boy Silvia had her baptismal interview and it went great.
Now that she's getting baptized here soon we need to get more people
on date because we have the most in the zone on date for baptism.
Oakridge is still super isolated but it's a nice place to be.

Well basically most this week has just been the same old work but
Friday I went on exchanges with Elder Arias who is one of the Zone
Leaders. He's a real cool guy! He is a Spanish speaking missionary
which is easy for him because he is from Mexico. We had a lot of fun
and whenever we talked to anyone Elder Arias would speak Spanish while
I would just smile and nod my head. Him and I had to do a few errands
over at the mission office and he and I stopped by the Duck's stadium
for a quick picture and that was way fun. After that we did some
Spanish tracting which consists of finding places that look Mexican
and knocking the door. I started to try to pick up on what they were
talking about and I could pick out like maybe 2 words so I just kept
smiling and nodding. That night we had a lesson with a couple that
spoke both Spanish and English! It was nice because I got to jump in a
bit more. We taught the Law of Chastity to them and helped them
understand why marriage is so huge. It was way great and they were
such pleasant people!

The next day Elder Arias and I studied and then ran some more errands
then exchanged back with our companions. Elder Johnson and I went ham
on the town and tried to get some new investigators but didn't get
any. Sunday was great and I loved testimony meeting. At 4:30 we had to
drive all the way to Springfield for Stake correlation so we got
special permission to stay the night with the zone leaders so we could
stay for P day and the zone activities. The highlight of the week we
that since the Book of Mormon Broadway play was going on in Eugene we
got to go and hand out copies of TheBook of  Mormon outside the
theater. It was good since the play creates a lot of misconceptions
about our beliefs. Not everybody accepted but it was fun to hand out
so many. We did 330 copies that night and 1842 total for the week. So
great!!!

Today we did a hike and hung out with the zone. We got to go skating
as well and it was so fun! I love being a missionary! I love you all!
I'll talk to y'all next week!

Elder S. Jackson Martin
Oregon Eugene Mission
Oakridge Branch

No comments:

Post a Comment