Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Well things are going well in the land of no sales tax! I've been
having a good time and working hard. I'm still kind of struggling with
Kimber but he's not terrible.

 I went on exchanges with Elder Holman. I think he's one of my
favorites out here. We saw a lot of people and did a lot of service.
We found two new investigators!!! Boooom! Unfortunately they live out
in azalea and it's way hard on our miles to drive way out there so we
always need rides. But things are great. We had an awesome truck light
parade!!! It was so cool. Elder Kimber and I were invited by a member
to watch from his insurance office and he set up a pavilion outside
and had some fires going to keep us warm. It was such a cool tradition
been going on for 22 years. It was raining for most of it but that was
aok! Those were really the highlights of the week.

But then we got to Sunday and I woke up at 6:06 in the morning to
Elder Kimber wigging out because we didn't have power. So we sat in
the dark and did our studies with the sweet study lights Grammy gave
me. After that we went out and found that all of Myrtle Creek and most
places clear to Canyonville had lost power and there was snow on the
ground! Apparently since people can't function in 5 inches of snow
around here church was cancelled so I didn't get to take the sacrament
which was so dumb. Then we went to Roseburg because Elder Kimber had a
meeting so I hung out with some Elders up there for an hour then we
came back to Myrtle Creek to find out that dinner had been cancelled
because the people we were eatIng with had no power. Thank goodness
our homie Warren was in the one part of the community that had power
and he made us pizza. He's a 19 year old recent convert and he's super
cool even though all he does is work a little and play video games.
After all that we went to the church and found that all the power was
back in Myrtle Creek so we used the wifi and stuff then visited some
investigators and recent converts that are lonely to make sure they
were all okay. We finally got in the apartment super tired but very
happy that we at least had power.

So things have been great. Haha Oregon is still Oregon. Still no sales
tax, people still pumping my gas, and people are super crazy. For p
day today we played a game that was super fun and I got drilled in the
face with a volleyball that made my nose bleed pretty good. I have so
much on P day even if I'm a little sore afterward. Well love you all!!



Elder S. Jackson Martin
Oregon Eugene Mission
South Umpqua Ward






No comments:

Post a Comment