Monday, December 7, 2015

Hello everyone! Since Cassie got baptized our teaching pool is really
small now so we are back to trying to find more people to teach! We
have been hitting up our potentials list again trying to see who we
can find. We've also been trying to get in contact with former
investigators but they are proving hard to find. This week was the
ward Christmas party and that was way fun. We were able to get a bunch
of less active members there and they all had a good time. I love
getting together with the ward because they're always so warm and
welcoming. We tried to get Bill and Marilynn to come but USC was
playing Stanford so Bill had to stay home and cheer for USC. I thought
coming to Oregon would make me a Ducks fan but I think Bill is trying
to convert me to become a Trojan instead.

I spoke in church last week with Elder Sutton which was fun and I
spoke on member missionary work. This week a lady told me that I'm
kind of like a J Golden Kimball of the missionaries she's met. I'm not
sure if that was a compliment or not because he was that apostle who
cussed a lot. I just don't know what she meant by that.

We had a real blessing this week because the sisters in Newton Creek
ran into a lady at Rite Aid and she said she was a member and wanted
her fiancé to be introduced into the church. The sisters were way
excited and it turns out that the lady lives in our area! Her name is
Ivy and we've been texting her and she says that her fiancé isn't
ready yet but she hopes that one day he'll be open. I just think that
if the sisters weren't there at Rite Aid when they were they would not
have met her. I guess God has a plan!

Besides all that mostly I've been getting Elder Kimber used to the
area. I miss Elder Sutton already. Elder Kimber is a nice guy but he
kind of drives me crazy. This morning I about lost my temper because
last night he buzzed his hair which was fine but then he didn't clean
it up or anything so I stepped on a big pile of hair in the bathroom
this morning. I was not happy. I suppose I must learn some patience.
Well we are looking forward to an awesome week this week. Next week
I'm confident we will have a new investigator so I wonder who it's
going to be. Miss you all!!!

Elder S. Jackson Martin
Oregon Eugene Mission
South Umpqua Ward



No comments:

Post a Comment