Monday, September 21, 2015

Hey there everyone!! Thank your for all of your birthday wishes and
everything they really make me smile. I know some people sent me
letters and stuff but the mission office takes forever to forward them
and it's driving me nuts. But anyway I've had a good week. Everyone
around us is so incredible. Whenever we go tracting it's incredible
how much love I can feel for everyone even though they tell us they
aren't interested.

Last P day we went up to Roseburg to play basketball and stuff with
the zone but this week we are out of miles so we are staying here in
myrtle creek and emailing from our church. In our mission President
Russel allows us to play Magic the Gathering (which is a card game
that all the nerds are way into) as long as we only play it on P day.
Elder zilles plays it and managed to convince me to buy a deck
building kit and so now I'm a big nerd like all the other elders…

We had an incredible lesson with Brittnay, the girl who's getting
baptized next Monday, and now she's all ready for her baptismal
interview!!! We are so excited for her!! We have been teaching an
elderly lady named Sister Ledbetter who used to be active but fell
away. Her daughter is really wanting her to come back to church so we
have been trying go reactivate her. She is the sweetest old lady and
she is always so excited to see us but apparently she used to really
hate elder zilles and elder king when they came over. But her heart
has been softened and she is slowly wanting to come back. We had
another lesson with the Sorensens (the crazy ones) and even though we
had a hard time keeping it focused we all felt the spirit and now They
have more desire than ever for Brother Sorensen to be baptized.

The Wests recruited us to help do parking for a big event that the
local Presbyterian church was putting on. They were such nice people
and we were able to get all the cars parked. We love the Wests and the
opportunity they gave us to serve.

I am loving my mission more every day and love the people who are
around me. I am excited to serve the Lord more and more every day.
Love you all!!

Elder S. Jackson Martin
Oregon Eugene Mission
South Umpqua Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment